Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cisco VPN client with certificates only

I had a whale of a time trying to connect to a Cisco VPN gateway this past day and a half. The company I am connecting to is using IPSec with certificates, and not IPSec with a group name and password, as is easily supported by vpnc (which I have done before). Unfortunately I only realised that after trying openconnect and vpnc. I wrote this little HOWTO as a gist on github: HOWTO connect to a company's VPN using the Cisco VPN client on linux

I hope it will also help someone else in the future. It is definitely going to help me when I have to do it again.

5 comments:

  1. Nice HowTo!

    Very thorough - this could definitely come in handy one day. You should sommer have embedded the howto into the blog post using Gist embedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nico! I tried originally, but Github renders the markdown a lot better than blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I mean, embed the Gist into the blog. You just click the embed link on the Gist page, and then paste the tag into the post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried, but it does not render as on github. It renders as "plain text", i.e. you see the Markdown source, not the rendered Markdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hotspot Shield free VPN protect your privacy and ensure the security of your web activity.

    Check it out here: http://www.hotspotshield.com/vpn-client

    ReplyDelete